MW Solicitors is seeking to recruit a Residential Property Fee Earner to lead our office at MW Tunbridge Wells.
The successful candidate will be a qualified Solicitor, Chartered Legal Executive or Licenced Conveyancer, with significant experience post qualification (ideally at least three years PQE). They will be confident leading a team of four, with strong business development skills and the highest standards of client care.
This role is ideal for someone looking to progress their career and make an impact in the Tunbridge Wells market.
To profitably manage a conveyancing caseload while practicing the highest codes of professional conduct and customer service. To lead a team of four (one junior fee earner, two paralegals and one property law assistant, providing training and supervision. To engage in other activities as directed by their Head of Division or Central Management.
How To Apply
Email your CV and
a covering letter to:
Main duties include but are not limited to:
- Mmanage all Client work allocated by the Head of Division or other Partner in the Business and in accordance with the detailed Policies, procedures and Divisional Manuals;
- Ensure that all Client work is progressed expeditiously and that the Client is kept regularly informed on progress and on costs;
- Exercise high standards of Client care in a professional and pleasant manner at all times;
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of the Business and of Client documentation and information;
- Achieve agreed levels of billing and Time Recording;
- Work in close liaison with the Chief Financial Officer and the Accounts Department, to have overall responsibility for credit control on own matters;
- Comply with the Solicitors Accounts Rules and the Rules on the Professional Conduct of Solicitors;
- Maintain clear and precise communications with others personnel of the Business;
- Ensure good working relationships with external institutions and organisations;
- Supervise, support and develop the team;
- Take responsibility for and attend to selfdevelopment;
- In conjunction with the Business, to comply with the relevant training requirements of the Law Society and to assist with inhouse training as may be required;
- In liaison with the Head of Division and Members, to be active in promoting the services of the Business and its image and ethos;
- Take on cases as required;
- Maintain Client files in good order as required by quality standards;
- Bill promptly and efficiently in accordance with the Business procedures;
- Ensure that external fees are agreed in advance;
- Attend all requisite Divisional meetings;
- Promptly to report all actual or potential claims or Complaints to the Head of Compliance/Director Regulation, People and Standards;
- Diarise key dates, including limitation periods, in respect of all cases under your control;
- Assist other Divisions with enquiries specialist to your area of work;
- Be proactive in using the Business internal and external Referral procedures where appropriate;
- Proactively to keep abreast of all developments and relevant legislation in your particular specialist area(s) of work;
- Take on any other responsibilities or tasks that are within your skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed so to do;
- Instruct and train all paralegals, trainees, and newly qualified under your purview.
- Law Degree or Management/Business Degree;
- Practising Certificate;
- Admission to the Roll of Solicitors.
Skills and Behaviours
- Strong attention to detail;
- Highly numerate;
- Ability to work to deadlines;
- Works well under pressure;
- Need to be self motivated;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken;
- Fully computer literate